- About Us
- News & Events
- Contact Us
A recently released report by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reveals the importance for transportation companies to maintain an effective and compliant employment screening program.
The 2010 Traffic Safety Facts – Large Trucks report reveals that large trucks were involved in 276,000 accidents in 2010, resulting in 80,000 injuries and 3,675 fatalities.
While the report does not distinguish at fault accidents, it does provide past driving history of many of those involved and results from post accident alcohol tests.
In fatal crashes involving large trucks in 2010:
- Twenty-one percent of large-truck drivers had at least one prior speeding conviction.
- Thirteen percent of large-truck drivers had been involved in a prior recorded crash.
- Eight percent of large-truck drivers had a previous license suspension or revocation.
- Two percent of large-truck drivers had a blood alcohol concentration of .08 grams per deciliter or higher.
Discover other traffic safety data involving large trucks by reading the report: Traffic Safety Facts – 2010 Data
Free Report: Transportation Spotlight
Learn the employment background checking best practices of leading transportation companies by downloading:
HireRight Transportation Spotlight
The HireRight Blog is provided for informational purposes only. It is not intended to be comprehensive, and is not a substitute for and should not be construed as legal advice. HireRight does not warrant any statements in the HireRight Blog. Any statutes or laws cited herein should be read in their entirety. You should direct to your own experienced legal counsel questions involving your organization's compliance with or interpretation or application of laws or regulations and any additional legal requirements that may apply.
- Candidate Experience
- Contingent Workforce
- Credit Checks
- Criminal Background Checks
- Drug Testing
- e-Recruiting Integration
- Education Verification
- Employment Background Checks
- Form I-9 & E-Verify
- Health Care Background Checks
- International Background Checks
- Outplacement Services
- Small Business
- Social Media
- Transportation Industry
- Workplace Violence
HireRight Twitter Feed
(about 44 minutes ago)
(about 1 hour ago)
(about 2 hours ago)
(about 3 hours ago)
(about 4 hours ago)
- (about 44 minutes ago)