Now that your Open Enrollment period is over, don’t just sit back, kick your feet up and sip on some hot cocoa.
This is a great time to get all of those Human Resources files in order! As a matter of fact, you may even want to consider eliminating the paper processes that haunt you, particularly, that cumbersome Form I-9.
Here are 10 reasons to start the new calendar year in electronic form:
- Open Enrollment is over.
- Most projects have (hopefully) ended.
- It’s a great time for fresh, new projects.
- Take a sample of the previous ’ I-9 forms to audit – then see if you need to go back further.
- Hiring tends to be low at this time of year for most companies.
- Many department managers might have a slowdown in regular work, and have time to assist you.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) continues to conduct audits at record levels.
- Purging I-9’s in the recommended time frame is a well-known best practice.
- Check for any outstanding re-verifications.
- Immigration is a hot topic in the media circuit once again – no need to be in the headlines in 2015.
Starting the New Year fresh with a renewed commitment to implement best practices can provide the foundation to develop a more compliant business.
Complimentary White Paper: Practical Steps to Help Ensure Form I-9 Compliance
Discover the best practices of a compliant Form I-9 and E-Verify program by downloading:
Practical Steps to Help Ensure Form I-9 Compliance