DBS temporary service suspension 7-12 March
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) has informed us that it is changing its IT system and as a result standard and enhanced disclosure services will be unavailable between 5pm on Friday 7 March and 8am on Wednesday 12 March 2014.
• During this time applications can still be submitted to the DBS but they will not be processed until the period has ended
• It will also affect any applications that are in progress at the time
• No certificates will be printed for any DBS checks during the stated period
• Both paper-based and online e-Bulk disclosure applications will be affected
The DBS are also making changes to the printed disclosure certificates.
• The barcode on the top right hand side will be replaced with a small QR code and a sequence of numbers
• The font on the certificates will be slightly different
The security features remain unchanged so you can still check it is a genuine DBS certificate by testing the heat sensitive seal and looking at the watermark.
Further information on these changes can be found on the DBS website at https://www.gov.uk/government/news/dbs-service-availability-the-details
Please note; the service suspension and certificate changes affect standard and enhanced disclosures only. Basic disclosures are processed by Disclosure Scotland and will continue as normal during this period.