What do I do if I can’t remember my work history?

There are several different ways to find your work history information, including:

  • Accessing past tax records, W2 or 1099 forms, or paystubs
  •  Submitting a Request for Social Security Earnings Information Form (requires fee) with the Social Security Administration
  • Contacting previous employers’ human resources departments